Saturday, May 29, 2010

The last time I cried was the other day.
I was writing a letter to my sweet Maria.
She decided she was going to refuse to have surgery.
I wrote her a very nice little letter, but not without shedding a few tears myself.
I am getting tears now thinking about it:)

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Sad that Maria needs the surgery. What is the decision about the surgery?

Susan said...

Oh, she will have it. Her mother wouldnt let her make the decision not to. She can make that decision when shes older, and its strictly cosmetic. This is a necessary surgery. They are going to close the cleft completely. They have tried twice before and not gotten it all. She had total bilateral cleft palate. Every Time they close it more,but this time will do it completely.
I think this is her 5th or 6th surgery...cant remember.
She has two surgerys this summer, and one more major one when her permanent teeth come in:(
God bless that beautiful little doll I call my grand-daughter!