Day 3 is My Favorite Book:
Hmm, equal to music, I love books. You can tell by my bedside stand that I often read 2-3 at a time. I also have 1 in my car, 1 at work, etc.
I dont really have a favorite.
I love historical novels. Novels that create a character so real that you are sad when the book in done because you feel like youre losing a friend.
I guess I would have to say that Lonesome Dove was one of my favorites.
The main character reminded my mom of her dad. Her memory of him was faint, as he died when she was six.
He was a Texas ranger. Later a movie was made with Robert Duvall playing the lead. I remember my mom cried when she saw him. He not only looked like him, he had the same southern drawl.
I usually prefer women authors, but I do really like some men.
I loved The Book Thief. Also, The Zookeepers Wife.
I guess my all time favorite was Corellis Mandolin. It was amazing how the author caught things about Greeks that one would think you would have to be Greek to know.
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment