Looks like she will need to have surgery. I guess I was wrong, that never happens!!
She looks very sick. Her poor face is huge, like she has the mumps. The prednisone is really getting to her. She said she feels like she is being poisoned......I agreed with her. I even told her when the nurse brought in the prednisone dose that she had the right to refuse it. Oh Susan, you rebel you. Hey, Ive been in enough medical settings to know they dont always know whats best.
Im not cynical, but my little girl is not getting better, and Im getting madder by the minute.
Petros and I both feel this way.
She has gotten excellent care thus far, but things are kind of falling apart.
PRAYERS PLEASE!!
Susan
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


4 comments:
Thank you Dawn.....we have to meet next time Im up on Bainbridge visiting Katherine. We wemt up every couple of weeks, but in the past months we havent gotten up there at all. Shes been coming down here!!
I'm feeling much better today. Isnt if funny how a nights sleep changes your perspective!
Susan
Please be careful with refusing the prednisone because this type of drug must be weaned off carefully. What happens is that when the drug is taken, the adrenal gland quits working. Then as you wean off the drug... the adrenal gland needs to wake up. That is why prednisone when you take it you have to wean off slowly.
Some people like myself are on it for life.
Sigh, huge big hugs to you, Susan. I'm so sorry it has been such a long and hard road for Christina, and ups and downs are so common.
My humble prayers continue (and whohoooo on you meeting Dawn when next you come visit Katherine!)
I know all the bad things about going off prednisone too quickly. I just write sometimes, and think later. Better than shooting of my mouth I guess.
Hopefully we can put all this behind us soon.
Christina is on a low dose (5mg) per day to keep her arthritis symptoms in check, but thats a far cry from the 160mg she is on now.
Susan
Post a Comment