Monday, February 06, 2006

Well, they say she might come home tomorrow!!We will keep our fingers crossed.
She has drug induced diabetes! She has to give herself shots.....Its not gestational diabetes. She is on such massive doses of steroids that this happened. They say it will reverse itself.
The doctors have been trying different things and so far they seem to be working.
Thats all for now.
Im trying to potty train Pavlos. He is pretty good on peepee but hasnt got poopoo down yet. We have been going out of the house with no diapers so thats kind of exciting.
Christina was well on her way to potty training when all this "stuff" started happening, so I thought what the hey!!
Anyway its a beautiful day today, NO RAIN!
Susan

2 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Well, well, well! A diagnosis is always helpful, I certainly hope this new knowledge helps in her treatment and recovery. Eek... I'm sure those cookies I brought didn't help? AAAH! I've never heard of drug induced diabetes.

You are one heck of a yia yia to take on potty training! Amazing!

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness, I've never heard of such a thing.

Continued prayers.

I agree on the bravery of taking on potty training.