traveller
So, next child, born 19 months after Christina was another little girl named Katherine, after her YiaYia. I have always kept her name Katherine, even though it was so hard to call a small baby such a large name.
She was and is a typical middle child, and most like me I think. Always the peacemaker:)
She also went to Whitman College. After graduating, she put her husband through law school! Whew, that was a big responsability.
After five years of marriage her and her husband had their first child, Pavel. He is a delightful child, way to smart for his own good, and a constant challenge to Katherine.
She also has a daughter, Maria. Maria is three years old. She was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate. I see the grace and dignity with which Katherine handled this little bump in her road of life and it had made me admire her so much.
Maria is as silly and goofy as her mother was, and I see myself in both of them.
She met us in Greece this past October, along with Pavel and Maria. She travelled that long way alone, with no help at all. She was so compassionate and loving with both YiaYia and Pappous, and also with her Uncle Pete.(Panagiotis) Neither her father nor I will ever forget that.
She always starts things, and then goes onto something else, not quite finishing the first project. Her interests are many. Her talents are great. She is an excellent mother, cook, playmate, sister, daughter and friend.
She is a constant in my life.
She lives in Bainbridge Island, which is a little ways away. I think it is a good thing though because it has made her learn directions and North from South, East from West. She is a little direction challenged. Again, like her mother.
Her husband Leo works all the time and I feel sad for her. She doesnt really complain much, just really tries to make the best of things. Again, like my life, because Petros is and was always working.
I cant really discribe her very well, but if you want to laugh until your ready to wet your pants, or cry over something the "kids" have said or done, if you want to talk about just about any subject, and argue too, if you want someone to be there in good times and bad, then you just need to call Katherine.
I dont think I did a good job on this. Maybe I will write more later.
Susan
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment