Yes, Im done shopping for Christmas. I decided about ten years ago to get all my shopping done early so I could focus really on what Christmas is all about.
Im a little late this year, but at any rate, done!
I (we) made it a lean shopping extravaganza this year. I bought what people wanted, not thinking about spending more on one, less on another, gotta buy this person more because spent more on that person etc.
Petros and I went out on Sunday and did lots of shopping, went to lunch (at McDonalds) in keeping with the lean, truly enjoyed ourselves.
Petros said at one point that "you cant take it with you" meaning money, then quickly, about 2 stores later said "hhmmmm, maybe youd better cut back"
Now I can enjoy the holidays. Im going up to Katherines next week. She is due 12/26, but has her babies early. She went to the doctor today and was told there is no indication that she is going anywhere in the next few weeks.
Neither of my girls have ever gone to term with their pregnancys.
Everyone is healthy, happy, content, so all is well with our little world!!!!
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


6 comments:
you didn't mention my shopping extravaganza today!
it was fun... thanks for meeting up with me (and petros and his new elephant, lumpy the heffalump)
it was my pleasure:)
Good job, Susan! I'm a wee bit jealous!
just wait - this little one will hold on till the bitter end! I guess with the drs help it will be the 18th or 19th at the latest . . .
i'm so late with christmas chopping that i often end up giving money to children as a present. at least they can buy what they want when they want it
glad to hear only the important things are important for you, and health is a priority.
congrats on the latest addition tot he family!
Post a Comment