Tuesday, November 25, 2008

5 things

5 things I was doing ten years ago
Not working in the labor room Hospital)for the first time in 25 years
gardening with zeal
walking
travelling with Petros
being just a housewife for the first time in my married life

To do list today
buy finishing things for Thanksgiving dinner
gel up plans for spaghetti dinner on Wednesday (i think im crazy)
work on my gift list Katherine asked me to make! I have such a hard time with this kind of thing.
try to work on finishing my blankets for Christmas
I totally cleaned my house yesterday, so read..bliss

5 things to do if I were a millionaire
give money to St Johns building fund
build a house in Ios
start a college fund for each of my grandchildren
retire
buy a mercedes!!

places ive lived
milwaukie oregon born
boring oregon grew up, no it wasnt
portland oregon 2 houses newly married
vancouver wa, for the last 33 years!!

jobs Ive had
worked for my dad
unit secretary in Kaiser until the hospital closed:( then went to work in a clinic (trained monkey)
wife
mother

places ive travelled
Alaska
Mexico
around the US (Texas, California, Arizona, Utah recent car trips with Petros)
Greece, many trips
Crete, for you Maria!!!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

What a great list! Did I know you used to work catching babies? How cool is that??????

Have a good and blessed Thanksgiving!

Maria Verivaki said...

you've even been to alaska? you're game!
i love the way you say you were a housewife for once in your life - i would dearly love to be just that for one winter, as i'm sure i'd write a whole book for publishing...