Tuesday, November 11, 2008

winter like weather

Man, is it ever raining here. Seems like it will never end. The weatherman says we have a couple of days of this..
By now you all must know that Katherine and Leo and the kiddies are moving to Russia. (Leo is already there)
Now I know I could have a tantrum, and make a scene, and a bunch of other things, but would it really change things???
I am happy for them, but you know I will miss them terribly.
Petros has been in Greece for the past week.
He is getting business done. Suprisingly it is going quite well.
This is his fourth trip in two years, so it had better start coming together.
I have been busy painting the kitchen while he is gone. It has gone ok. Ive changed the colors a few times. I still have some touch up to do.
It has been lonely around here without Petros. He keeps me hopping:)
Hope and pray everyone is well...with the economy so bad, it seems people are barely holding on:(
I made spaghetti the first week he was gone, I think I will make lamb stew tomorrow! I can eat the same meal for a week!
Sending only good thoughts................

6 comments:

Mimi said...

It is *so* good to see you post, and you stopped by my blog too!

I'm praying for safe travels for Petros and for your Katherine and Leo and the kiddies.

Susan said...

thank you Mimi:)

Christina said...

it's beautiful today,though!

Maria Verivaki said...

hello susan, what a wonderful productive way to spend time alone in the house!
i made your pumpkin pie last night - what a wonderful aroma it lent to my kitchen; only the rain and really cold weather was missing form the scene - we have not seen rain since the end of september - this is a nightmare for us in crete, as it does not help our agriculture. despite this, i am enjoying the sunny days.
i am thinking about your daughter who is leaving the US - i know how much you will miss her - but then look at how easy it is to communicate with her - by video skype phone!
in the us, you are very mobile, and take to technology very readily. this does not happen in greeceat all, and my kiwi relatives and friends do not seem to be very with it in terms of technology helping them to keep in touch with people abroad. i feel very isolated (which is probably why i blog)
my colleagues are at this moment having some pumpkin pie - with a temperature of 22 degrees celsius and bright sunny weather... i would like some of your rain, please!

Susan said...

I just got off of skype with petros. He is back in Athens, after going to Ios, Athens, Santorini, Athens...all i 48 hours!!
He is so tired of ferries.
He didnt have 1 paper, so, well you know Greece.
You're right about my daughter, and technology. Nothing can replace the hugs that my grandchildren give me, but this will be a close second.
She promises to come home twice a year, and we go to Greece at least once a year..so we will see them often.
Im glad you liked the pumpkin pie.
It is really good with a big dollup of whipped cream...mmmmmmmmm

Maria Verivaki said...

whipped cream - yes, that's what was missing from it - or a scoop of ice-cream - but i intend to make it again, and the cream will feature...
i know exactly what you mean by the 1 paper missing - which is what keeps us yo-yoing back and forth from one government department after another - my parents are both long gone, and i am still toying around with that paperwork...