Sunday, December 21, 2008

snow baby

By now most of you know that Katherine had her baby..She was born on Thursday, as 1210am. She was 6 pounds even and 18 inches long.
According to Kat she looks like Pappous. Same dimple in chin, line on upper lip, and dark eyebrows and hair. Petros says its about time!!!I speak for my whole family when I say we couldnt be happier:)
We havent been able to go up and see her. Something that makes me very sad. The weather just isnt cooperating at all.
It is snow, ice and now more snow.About 10 inches, or so they say. It is ARCTIC BLAST 2008, according to the news.
I would love to go help out Katherine, and cuddle my newest little sweetheart.
Petros and I have been busy housebound. Petros scraped the grout around the bathtub and plans to regrout ( we dont have the right color he discovered)
He painted some of the spots I missed in the kitchen, and he has played massive free cell on the computer.
Ive been busy too. I cleaned the whole house, made three dinners in case the electricity goes out, did laundry and finished sewing the 5 blankets for the kiddos.
I even made "gigates" giant beans yesterday. They were good according to Petros. I dont eat them. We have a 50 lb bag of dry beans that Alekos gave us a couple of years ago..........hmm what should I do with them.
It is snowing hard again, and going to freeze again tonight. oh the newspeople are having a heyday!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

oh i forgot, last night we wrapped all the christmas presents. actually Petros wrapped and i organized:)

katbat said...

we should be able to come down thurs or friday - hopefully it will warm up soon! kids are getting tired of being home too! baby is great - slept a lot today - gearing up for an active night!!

oh no - dad wrapping presents! did he write the name of the recipient and the item wrapped like he did before? (ie - Katherine - book))! :-)

Mimi said...

Hugs and love to you, I imagine how hard it must be to not have met her yet!

Maria Verivaki said...

50ibs worth of beans lying around in your house? that's paradise according to my husband!