OK, well its Monday, a very snowy Monday at that.
Ive spent my day in the kitchen (where else).
Ive made some beef stew. I am attempting to make caramel out of sweetened condensed milk, and Ive made koulourakia.
The stew was easy, just put ingredients in crockpot. The caramel takes 4 hours of continous boiling,whilst still in the can. If you let the waterline go below the can level it will blow up (the can)
The koulourakia is a pain to make. You have to roll the dough into pencil shapes and then twist. Time consuming and boring.
I threw bird seed all over the yard today. Then, as I was rolling dough, I watched the birds have a hayday! They were just crazy. Better feed them tomorrow too.
Really, Petros and I have enjoyed watching them all day.
Petros is busy painting the master bathroom. He is going from one project to another,
Lucky we foresaw this storm and went to HomeDepot last weekend. Got all the supplies we needed to redo some things in the house.
At any rate, its still 25 degrees and snowing off and on. We have about 10 inches of snow, ice, and then more snow.
Im getting tired of cooking!!!!!
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


3 comments:
What a great idea with the birdseed - especially since you were working on a boring task!
you're very busy in the kitchen!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
thank you Maria, Merry Christmas to you and your family too! And a blessed New Year!!
Post a Comment