So we went to Bainbridge Island to do some house rental stuff for Kat.
Renters moved out, new people will move in on Saturday.
While I love Bainbridge Island, its so beautiful and peaceful, it was really hard for me.
There were so many memories in that house.
Katherine and Leo bought it right after Leo graduated from law school.
Pavel was born there, as was Maria.
I could literally see Pavel sliding down the stairs on his tummy. The children playing on the HUGE deck Pappous made. Pavel and Maria running in circles, living room, entry, family room, kitchen, dining room, living room etc. I could hear their squeels of laughter playing hide and go seek.....
As we walked around the big yard, I remembered Katherine planting, these plants, that tree, Pavels rock pit, Marias garden.
I cried real tears for quite a while.
Petros took me the the Casino, and I cried there too. Pavel loved the casino buffet breakfast on Sunday mornings.
I have seen movies where someone goes back to a house and then hears and imagines scenes. That was how it was for me.
All memories, good loving memories, but hard none the less:(
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


4 comments:
I love the bainbridge house too - all the yard work was a pain in the rear, but otherwise, perfect! do you remember Pavel saying as he walked down the stairs "this is the bracket - it holds the rail to the wall" -I just remembered him repeating that when he was 2 or so.
I mostly remember him racing around the house saying "chase Pappous, chase" He was and is so sweet!!
I have many memories at that house:)
Katherine and I talked about what a great house it is for young children. They can do the loop from the family room to kithen to dining room to living room to family room, etc. all while mom is cooking dinner (i think women actually live in the kitchen, i know I do- doesn't help that the computer is in the kitchen:). and the huge yard. I can imagine pavel and maria playing in that big yard right now! i like your mercer home because it is so well built and has lots of room and the beautiful view, but I love your bainbridge home as a family home.
Thanks for your comment.
I looked at my new blue Crocs this morning wanting to slip them on but alas, I put on my sandals for work. This summer we could buy tickets back in June for jeans. I paid $20 towards cancer and so can wear jeans for 20 days betweeen June and the end of August. Since I was out for two weeks w/shingles, I will have leftover tickets. My Crocs would have gone so well with my jean capris this morning. I love them.
The girls have had them new ones each summer for several years and last year they got purple Hanna Montanna ones to leave at school for their inside shoes.
Love your comment about wising you could wear them to your son's wedding.
I bet you are counting the days until you fly to Moscow to see Katherine and the family.
Post a Comment