Saturday, September 23, 2006

home

We are home!! We put 34oo miles on our car in 7 days. Yes folks, we did a lot of driving. We saw all of Arizona, Utah, Las Vegas, and Disneyland.
Our favorite hands down was Zion National Park. If you havent gone, go once before you die. Seriously, breathtaking experience.
We also visited St Anthony's monastery south of Pheonix.
That was beautiful too.
Glad to be back to the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Just have to drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles to appreciate where you live!!!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Whohoooo! I'm glad you enjoyed but glad you are home too.

And, yikes - you are serious travelers.

Elizabeth said...

No stopping to smell the roses for you, eh? ;-) That is a lot of driving. I like to travel, but I like to be in one place for awhile. We learned that early in our marriage--I think our very first vacation we drove the whole western region--San Diego to Oregon, corner of Washington, Idaho (camping by the snake river), Montana (Glacier), Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona to see Paul's parents, and finally back to San Diego. All in two weeks. I remember a few things about it, but mostly too much driving! Too much roadwork, too much rain in Oregon to camp (ha) and stopping for pie in some quaint little town, I think somewhere in Oregon but I'm not sure.