We went to a double baptism this morning, and a wedding this afternoon.
It was quite a day.
The baptism was Andrew and Vasilia. They were both good, didnt cry too much as they were dunked!
We met with Mimi again, and Dawn for the first time. It was fun,fun, to see them. I feel like I know them so well.
The wedding was am authentic "Greek" wedding. As the groom is from Greece. He is a very old friend of Petros' and mine.
We went to Crete in 1997, and John, the groom, was gracious enough to show us all around. We had a very good time, driving all over Crete...a little scarey though!
Johns children were all there, of course. Nice family:)
Now Petros and I are home, relaxing.
Tomorrow is the Holy Trinity picnic, so off we go to yet another event.
This is a full weekend.
We went last night to the Italian festival downtown. It was so fun. They had booths set up around the perimiter of Pioneer Square. Then the had a band playing Italian music in the middle. We enjoyed ourselves.
Thats it from a very tired lady!
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


6 comments:
It was so lovely to see you, Petros, Christina, Paul and the kids again! I agree, I feel like we've known each other forever!
Thank you for coming to the baptism(s) Susan!!! Man, I would have loved to go to the Italian Festival... maybe next year :)
Why was it scary to drive around Crete? Was it the people who would pass a car, even while an oncoming car was coming, and then there would be three abreast? Or was it the teeny tiny narrow roads in Rethymnon? Or the crazy driving in Iraklion? Huh, I don't understand. ;-)
You are one very social lady. :-)
All of the above Elizabth, and then some!!
Our host is from Crete, and he returned to his Cretan ways there. He was no better driver than the crazies there!!
Gotta love em.....
Hi Susan...thanks for visiting my blog! I don't get many Orthodox Christians visiting my blog...so sad actually since everyone else visits!
yes there are comments on Greece beating USA in that post. Scroll waaaay up.
I also posted another comment regarding Greece/USA relations:
"We don't care about the final as much as defeating the Americans. Party, party, party in Athens: workers paused to watch the game then spilled into the streets to party. Office workers threw shredded paper from buildings...
Canadians, Greeks and my Arab friends are so obsessed with America...it reminds me of a younger, less successful brother obsessing over his rich & famous older brother...the older brother who was always the star, always handsome & smart & successful... always a winner.
"Oh I wish I could show him I'm just as good!!"
....meanwhile, back to the real world...IRAQ!!!!! (yes, it's still there...)"
;-)
(susan, responding to your comment on my blog)
>>>
Hi Susan, yes that was in 96 if my memory serves me (it doesn't always)
But that was Cyprus not Greece. I wonder what the world reaction would be if a Turkish terrorist organization entered Greece, killed 8 Greek soldiers and kidnapped 2 soldiers.
But your right...things are never so simple.
The US does support Turkey like they support Israel, and Israel was probably planning something against Hizbullah for a few years.
But after repeated crossings of the border by Hizbullah soldiers and Katyushas firing into northern Israeli towns...it wasn't just THIS last HZ incident. It was the culmination of many HZ incidents.
Any other country we would have said "why have you been putting up with this since 2000?"
But my argument stands: the world is incredibly anti-semetic.
We didn't want to set up a homeland for them in Europe or in North America. We put them in the middle east and when they're attacked we say "show some restraint"
Nope.
We can't have it both ways.
:-)
(I'm glad your hubbie's enjoying the tunes...he may not agree with my politics but at least we have the same taste in music)
Post a Comment