Today is the sixth birthday of our first grandchild, Pavel!
He was born just after midnight, after only an hour in the hospital for his mom.
Me, of course, wanted to leave to go right up, after we got the call. Petros of course nixed the idea, and we left about six. I didnt sleep at all that night...
It has been nothing but rewarding and fun having grandchildren.
People always say it better than being a parent because you can spoil them, and send them home. Thats not exactly it for us.
We love to spoil them "Pappous is to spoil Pavel and to love Pavel!" quote from Pavel:)
But for us it is something more.
It is so wildly unbelievable to see the result or something you had nothing to do with come into this world. Part of you, part of your parents, grandparents, all the way back.
Sweet Pavel, with his huge blue eyes, shock of blond hair, loving, inquisitive, smart, and innocent.
Happy birthday to our birthday boy.
We also have been blessed with three other grandchildren.
There is Pavlos, (I always mix up the names) who also has blond hair and blue eyes, Maria who is really the queen of everything, and last but not least Petros. The cute baby with the coy smile.
I love all my grandchildren more than I could ever put into words.
They are part of my past, my present and my future.
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


2 comments:
I made a mistake. What Pavel says is "Pappous is to love Pavel and to bother Pavel" He says "Yiayia(me)is to love Pavel and to spoil Pavel"
They are nothing but joy:)
Happy Birthday to Pavel!
Post a Comment