Ok, here goes the questions asked by Mimi:
1. What book have you read in the last six months that has stayed with you?
The Island, by I dont know who. I gave it to Katherine to read. Is was about a leper colony in Greece in the 50's. It was a very well written. I bought it in the Athens airport, and didnt sleep the whole 17 hour trip reading it.
2.What is your favorite childhood book?
I read all the time as a child. I think as a small child it was Charlottes Web, a little older and it was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I have reread that so many times. It always moves me.
3. Do you have a favorite book of the Bible?
I like the book of Luke. I like the way he states things.
4. What book could you read again and again?
Well, as Ive said, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, but also Beach Music Pat Conroy. I love his style of writing.....I bought it to take it to Greece this time and read it twice over there.
5. What book would you suggest for Lenten reading?
I would have to say Great Lent. I think everyone like this book.
Bonus question, What kind of book wouul I write, probably a historical novel, around the settling of the Ohio valley. My ansestors were there.
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


4 comments:
Ooooh, I have "The Island" in my to read pile! I'm glad it it good! Wheeeeee!
Charlotte's Web makes me cry every time. And, I agree, about A Tree... too.
And, me too on Luke!
And, I'd so read that book!
Urm, that should be "it IS good"
I finished it, it IS good!
Hi Susan, I am glad you found my blog about Greek island life. There is a Greek Orthodox couple here from Whidby Island, Washington. They fit in very quickly.
Cheers
Michael
Post a Comment