Monday, April 02, 2007

As we begin the final countdown its time to reflect. It hasnt been a difficult lent for me this year. I thought it would be, but I was pleasantly surprised!
The Orthodox Holy Week is so beautiful. It never fails to move me. This will be my 36th year!
I remember the first Holy Friday service I went to. I was barely pregnant with Christina. I got so sick from the incense. Old Greek ladies wouldnt let me out of my pew!!!!
Have a blessed Holy Week.
We are having Pascha at our house this year. That doesnt even phase me!!!
I will, at some point on Sunday tell the kids, "THIS IS THE LAST GREEK DINNER I HOST"
Blessings

1 comment:

Mimi said...

May you have a Blessed Holy Week, my friend, and may the light of the Risen Christ illumine you and your family.

And, I agree - Holy Week is amazing. Even if the little old ladies won't let you leave the pew ;)