Its been a long time since I posted, so here goes.
Everthing here is fine. Kids are all ok, Petros is good, Im good, yadayadayada.
Went to St John the Forerunner Monastery Saturday. It is located in Goldendale. Its a lovely place, started about 15 years ago by 5 nuns from Greece.
They have grown to 18 nuns, most of them converts. They would have more but they dont have the space. They have to turn people away.
Anyway, Christina went for the night with the ladies of our church. I drove up on Saturday. Heard the Gerontessa (Abbess) talk about anger and wrath. Very good, very applicable to everyones life.
Then we drove back. Its not a bad drive, and I love the gorge.
Went to Holy Trinity yesterday. I wanted to go to the peace march, but no time.
Pete is coming next Sunday with his new wife and baby. It will be fun to see the baby. He is 3 weeks old!!
Petros and I went to Seattle on Tues night and came back Wednesday. A fast trip, but enjoyable none the less.
The weather looks so nice but its so cold!!
Thats it for me. I feel like I have one foot nailed to the floor, running in circles.
Susan
6:42 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


3 comments:
Oooooh, enjoy the baby! I'm glad you had a good time at the retreat!
Good to see a post!
It has been a long time since I have visited St. John's Monastery.
One memory is a winter a few years back when a tree fell. I went with our SubDeacon to cut and clear it. I was a fast day, but during lunch Gerontessa gave us a blessing to have olive oil on the food they served us for lunch.
To recieve this oil with the blessing of the Gerontessa was wonderful.
It was good to be at the Monastery during just a normal day, to be around the and see the Nuns living their life in their regular routine.
I've been to that monestary. not for a long time. it's a 6 hour drive for us, but I would love to make it back there someday soon.
Post a Comment