Thursday, February 22, 2007

memory eternal

I was just sitting here by the warm wood stove, thinking about my mom.
She would have been 85 years old today. The thing that set her apart was that she was born on 2/22/22, and she was a twin!
That was her claim to fame!! She was the 4th girl born to Ola and Ed. Then, surprise, another baby came out, and it was a boy!
They then went on to have another girl, and Eric was the much loved by all, but none so much as Edna, his twin, and my mom.
She was the beacon in my night. She was the rock when I needed her. She was the soft spot when I cried.
She taught me well.
They say that when you are loved, your children will love you.
She was so loved by Grandma Ola, and in turn loved by her children. Whose children now love me!
Love is a loose word, thrown around frequently. I dont think my Grandma ever spoke the words, I love you, to anyone. But if you ask any of her 15 grandchildren to describe her, they will say "loving."

She was from Texas, a Southern Baptist. The loss of a child made her bitter, and question God. But never made her bitter toward life. She always said that life hangs by a thread, and to live life each day to the fullest.
Time heals, thats a fact. But it doesnt take away the sting that always is in my heart.

She has been gone 15 + years now. I still miss her, and think of her everyday. I start my day by saying good morining to her:)
Memory eternal, to my sweet, sweet mom.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh Susan, what a lovely reflection, it brought tears to my eyes.

What a special birthday for a special lady!

May her Memory be Eternal.

Mimi said...

I wanted to let you know I lit a candle for your dear mother last night at Presanctified.

Hugs.

Susan said...

oh Bless you Mimi:)

Anonymous said...

may your Mother's Memory be Eternal.