I went to the Washington State chess tournament today with Pavel. He was in it. Him and another 1299 students were in attendance!!
The freeway was backed up for miles just to get in.
I have to say it was my honor to be there. He is just in kindergarden.
He won 3 lost 2. His school placed 1oth among 179 schools.
He was such a trooper. No tears on the losses, which wasnt true of many other kids. You could tell who won by the way they walked out of the room. Parents werent allowed to watch, we had to sit outside the room.
He came away with a trophy and I came away a very proud Yiayia, (grandma)
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


4 comments:
Whohooooo! Congrats to Pavel!
I had no idea that little guy plays CHESS! Wow. Very cool! Congrats to all!
wait a sec. I was thinking PAVLOS> LOL. Heh. Must be another grandkid, eh?
but. wait. how old is PAVLOS, anyway?
Post a Comment