Thursday, November 24, 2005

Sitting here on Thanksgiving morn.....Petros has gone to work, as usual, pumpkin pies in the oven (we are going to Christinas for dinner), sweet potatoes cooking for souffle,fruit salad ready to put together. The whole family will be here on Saturday for a delayed Thanksgiving dinner (again)
Every Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) I am reminded of my youth. We went to whom evers house for dinner. Twelve aunts and uncles, fifteen cousins, and one lovely appalachian gramma.
Did we ever eat. Everyone brought their speciality, and the pies....mmmm
At the end of the day we would draw names for upcoming Christmas. It was so fun. I had three cousins right at my age. We would giggle and try to keep secret who we drew. Oh heavens, not Uncle Lester or Thurman.
How I long for the days.
It could be that time makes memories more sweet, but I still remember those days well.
We are going to draw names this year in our little family. I can hardly wait. As with "my" other family, everyone will buy for YiaYia and Pappous, and families will buy for kids, but Im still looking forward to the drawing of names among the kids and their spouses. I must remember that things we do now will be looked back upon by my grandchildren fondly.
Thats all

1 comment:

Christina said...

i'm reading your blog:) just wanted you to know that...