Thursday, February 19, 2009

I wrote a post yesterday and then deleted it. I thought I sounded too whiney.
It was about Katherine moving.
The truth is I understand completely the whys and wherefores of the move. I realize that it was the only thing Leo could do.
But, I will miss them terribly.
I will miss the sweet kisses from Maria, the hugs from Pavel, the belly laughs onlyKatherine can induce in me....the sweet smiles from Natasha.
I will miss the presence of them in every way.
BUT, there is skype, computers, telephones, and all.
Thats a close second. Not as good as here, but a close second.
So this blog doesnt whine, or pout. It merely states the way I feel.
Sad, and lonely already.
I want to scream and rage at times....but what good would it do??

So Im just going to be the same way Ive always been with my kids. Supportive, strong, there when the need me.
Nothing will really change. Katherine will live in Russia, but she will still be my beautiful girl, with three loving, sweet, smart, affecionate babies, that love Petros and I as much as we love them.
Its a sign of the times:)

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Beautiful post, it's ok to be sad. Hugs.

Christina said...

it is ok to be sad. we are all sad.

Maria Verivaki said...

my mother left greece to live in nz, i left nz to live in greece. i am not sure if i ever want to believe that my children will live and stay in the same place they were born in. depending on health, i have always wanted to believe that i can go and see them wherever they are (but will they want me around???)am

Susan said...

Im sure they will always want you around. You sound like a very loving mother:)

Maria Verivaki said...

petros is in greece again? the weather is miserable here at the moment. at least monday is a holiday and we can enjoy it in the comforts of our homes

Susan said...

Yianni took shorts! There is snow on the peaks in Ios. Unheard of for March according to Petros.
I hope this time he gets things settled.
He is going to the tax department in Santorini on Tuesday. Hopefully they will let him pay the tax, then on to Ios to accept the will, then back to Athens to do some business!!!

Annie said...

And....well...the title of your blog is "Traveler". I hope you can go visit!

You write so beautifully.