I made raspberry jam today. Only two batches. Petros likes strawberry buy I try to make all
kinds.I always think about growing up when I make jam. We grew up on a farm. Every summer my grandma Vaughn would come and stay, and help mom "put up" fruit.
They made all kind of things. Applesauce, jams (blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, apricot), canned peaches,pears, tomatoes, corn, beans, you name it, the canned,froze,pickled everything. We grew almost all of it on our farm. If we didnt grow it a neighbor did. After all the work you hear the seals popping, letting you know that you have accomplished something.
Then in the dead of winter you can have a little taste of summer time.
Takes me back to such a simpler way of life.
I miss that..........
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


2 comments:
I love homemade jam, and I'm still disappointed I missed out on yours last year!
Enjoy!
maybe this year!
Post a Comment