Fall weather is here, and I'm loving it! The leaves are falling, its cold in the morning, Petros is building fires in the evening, and all is good in the world. (just kidding)
Really I do love the fall.It is my favorite time of year. I love the food, the harvest, the cooking, the eating.....everything.
I've got my house all decked out. All my sweaters out of strorage, Im ready.
I'm going to have to be careful not to overeat. Mimi, help me!
It is the time of year to feast on comfort food. Zuchinni bread, pumpkin pie, apple pie, homemade applesauce. A few of the finer things in life.
Happy autumn, and happy eating.
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


4 comments:
I need to get my sweaters out of storage!
Small portions, small portions. That's all the advice I have.
And, can I have some of the zucchini bread? Yum
Susan, thanks for your comments on my blog. Yes, it *was* hard to be patient, but I'm so grateful that in the end, this whole affair took less than three months.
Your post on my favorite season reminds me of when I used to do all that cooking. Now my daughter does it. The nicest thing about autumn, IMHO, is that things slow down. All summer long we have to deal with the Fun in the Sun crowd, but when autumn comes, it's time to be home, and to do homey things. Like baking, and making fires, and knitting -- ahhh, autumn!
I love the fall! It's especially beautiful here in Canada...and, yes..Christmas is just around the corner.
;-)
Thank you FREE CYPRUS for reminding me!!
Actually Halloween is my second favorite holiday after Thanksgiving, then comes of course, Christmas!
Petros is loving HELLASANGELS.
Meg, it was really nice to hear from you. Hope you continue on your road to recovery.
Post a Comment