In keeping with the "Greek" tradition, I cleaned out my fridge of all things not acceptable. Only problem is Christina and Pavlos are here. They get to eat all the yogurt, milk, cheese, etc.
Today Pavlos poopooed on the potty, so I rewarded him with a hot fudge sundae. I think this is going to be a long fast:)
Christina helped me clean. She dumped everything in the sink, it was a mess. The garbage disposal had quite a time.
Petros went to Annoush, an Armenian deli and bought halva, greek olives and tarama (fish eggs) yuk:(
He enjoys all the fasting food. He says in Greece growing up they didnt have to follow the fast, that was their everyday diet! They do eat a lot of olive oil when they arent fasting though.
It is so different to be in a country where everyone fasts. Even McDonalds serves fasting food.
Thats all for now.
If I were truly a greek village wife I would take all my pots and pans out and clean them with ashes. They are mostly made of copper, so I think thats why they do that.......
Susan
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


3 comments:
I've heard that, that the fast foods and pizza places offer Lenten fare.
Wouldn't that be fabulous?
Ooof, I forgot to say, "Congratulations to Pavlos on the potty thing!"
There are 2 actually. One in Vancouver, and one on 122nd and Halsey. Its in a shopping mall that has a Winco.
It has turned into a Russian store, more or less, but Petros knows the owner, and has shopped there for years.
They are fairly reasonable.
Susan
hows the pregnancy going!:!:!
Post a Comment