Monday, September 06, 2010

It seems so strange to not be in Greece! We've gone in September so many years in a row. We were just there in April, but that doeesn't stop us from going back in September:)
We are really enjoying the weather, fun festivals, getting the yard ready for winter, etc.
We were also in Moscow in September last year. Very good memories!
I'm having the kids over for labor day. We are having souvlaki, greek potatoes, greek salad, corn on the cob (dont forget Im American!!) tzaziki (home-made) and strawberry shortcake for dessert!!
Fun end of summer get together.
Happy Labor Day!!!

2 comments:

Stavros said...

Hello,

I just figured out you have a blog, (always was slow on the uptake) and a nice one at that. There's a geat deal here but I figured out we are about the same age and we are both nurses.

And we both love family especially our kids. Thought you might enjoy this, perhaps you read it before; I have it framed in my office.

On Children by Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.


Take care, say hi to Petros

Susan said...

Oh hi!! Didn't know you didn't know!
I am not a nurse. I have worked in the health care field for years though. My favorite career was Unit Secretary for L&D. I did that for about 25 years. Now I just check people in, check their insurance coverage, etc.
I am hoping to retire when I turn 62 next year!!
Yes I do love my children, and I have five grandchildren to love.
Petros and I are over the moon about them, we have been right from the beginning. Our oldest grandson is 10, and our youngest is 20 months. They give us hours of chuckles about what they said, what they did, just everything.

I do love Kahil Gibran. He is one of my favorite poets.
Nice you found me!!