Thirty four years ago I was beginning labor pains with what would turn out to be Christina, our first!
I made candy cane cookies all day! Writing down my contractions as they came.
Petros came home for lunch and I had him put chains on the car, in anticipation. It snowed all day, then turned to freezing rain that night.
I went to the hospital around 900pm and she was born at 312 am.
I felt such a feeling of accomplishment that night. I thought, wow Ive really done something, and I have a beautiful baby daughter to boot!
The feelings of responsability and love flowed over like a river. All who have children will know this feeling.
She was, and is a beautiful creature, who is a joy to all who know her.
Happy Birthday to my little Christmas baby!
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


1 comment:
What a sweet story of parenting and birthing!
Happy birthday to Christina, and to you! It's my husband's birthday today too.
Post a Comment