I said goodbye to my oldest and dearest friend yesteray. Her husband called and said she was down to her last 48 hours, or so hospice said. So, Petros and I went, casserole in had, to do the unthinkable.
Linda had been my friend for my whole life. Our parents were friends and neighbors as I was growing up.
I loved and admired Linda. She was 3 years older than I, and I thought she was so "cool". She had the curliest blond hair, while my was straight and thin. She was short and cute, while I was tall and ackward. She was funny, I just laughed. She talked to me about boys, and I just listened in awe. She helped my shave my legs for the first time.
We buried our parents together, we rejoiced in the birth of our babies.
We could go for months without talking, and then one of us would call, and we would talk for hours.
Cancer has been her companion for the past 11 years. She fought, my God, how she fought.
In the end, she was just a shell of the happy, funny, loving friend I once knew.
Goodbye my dear and faithful friend. I will love you forever.
The Hidden Garden
13 years ago


2 comments:
Oh hon, I'm so, so sorry. May her Memory be Eternal.
What a gift to have someone so dear to you. God bless you and yours in her passing.
Post a Comment